Giving back to Northern New Jersey community
New Jersey based Italian-American Philanthropic Organization
The Columbians werefounded in 1982 committed to giving back to the Northern NJ Community, consisting of professional and business leaders. We are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c) (3) “tax exempt” organization.
The Columbians Core Efforts
- To provide scholarships to young scholars in need of financial assistance. Over the years we have provided hundreds of scholarships to students meeting our high standards for scholarship funding.
- To provide hardship assistance to those in need after experiencing a loss, health issue, family emergency or other significant short term need for aid.
- To help preserve and communicate Italian heritage through awareness and education.
- President: James A. Averso
- Vice President: Mario Tommolillo
- Treasurer: Anthony J. Graceffo
- Secretary: Joseph A. Maurice
- John Banu
- Vincent Brana
- Ralph Contini
- Mike Franco
- Ken Gebhardt
- Nick Lagnanella
- TJ Messinio
- Drew Picarillo
- Gennaro Rotella